- Published on Tuesday, 28 March 2017 21:24
- Hits: 40
By Uchenna Iyoke
El-Kanemi Warriors leading goal scorer Samuel Mathias believes that the club’s modest success so far in the 2016/17 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) season is being driven by a strong winning mentality.
A 1-0 win on Sunday against Lobi Stars steadied their stay in the top-three and meant the Maiduguri club have continued their 100% run on home turf since returning in April last year to the city after nearly two seasons playing away from home.
- Published on Tuesday, 28 March 2017 18:34
- Hits: 119
Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries FC forward, Adegboyega Adekunle believes his side will be victorious in Wednesday's Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) game against Abia Warriors.
The Olukoya Boys play hosts to the Abia-based team in one of nine Matchday 16 fixtures scheduled to take place at the Agege Township Stadium which fans of MFM FC have rechristened Soccer Temple.
- Published on Tuesday, 28 March 2017 14:16
- Hits: 230
By Anthony Ademodi
Kadiri Ikhana is a man of many record when it comes to the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL). He, it was who led Kano Pillars to a back to back win of the NPFL title and at Enyimba he became the first coach to lead a Nigerian club to win the CAF Champions League.
Ikhana is also known to have been among the few coaches who have won the NPFL with different clubs and last Sunday, he created another minor first; being the first coach to lead Kano Pillars to a defeat by Abia Warriors.
- Published on Tuesday, 28 March 2017 12:09
- Hits: 261
By Fisayo Dairo
In the last two seasons, followers of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) have had to look in the unusual sides of the log to locate seven times champions, Enyimba International. After winning the 2014/15 season, the Aba Elephants have endured struggles with other clubs around places from 8th to 15th at times and last Sunday, they climbed to seventh position on the log after a slender 1-0 victory over Rivers United.
The 2015 champions required a 63rd minute penalty by captain Mfon Udoh in their adopted home ground - UJ Esuene Stadium, Calabar – perhaps to signal their ambition to rise on the log.
One of the Peoples Elephant's key actors on the day was towering midfielder Kelly Kester who put up a superlative showing yet again as the side managed by Gbenga Ogunbote controlled the midfield areas especially through Kester's domineering influence.
- Published on Monday, 27 March 2017 21:02
- Hits: 270
By Fred Edoreh
It was a nail biting game for hosts, Akwa United but Alhassan Ibrahim would net an equalizer to salvage a point and mark his sixth league goal of the season in Akwa United’s home draw against FC IfeanyiUbah. The former Wikki Tourists player would after the match insist he rather would have had the team win from another team mate’s goal than increasing his personal goals’ tally for a draw.
It is symbolic of his concern for general good than personal glory as Alhassan argued that he was still happy to have rescued the point and saved the side the embarrassment of a home defeat.
MAIL THIS PAGE
NPFL 2015/2016 Season's Report
LMC News Update
- Created Date: 23 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) has shifted focus to ensuring strict compliance with safety...Read more
- Created Date: 15 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) in partnership with over the counter securities market...Read more
- Created Date: 06 March 2017Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Youth team Coaches attending a clinic in Abuja has...Read more
- Created Date: 24 February 2017•Offers salary advance to players•Players apologise for breach of procedure Following reports of...Read more
- Created Date: 23 February 2017New dates have been scheduled for the postponed fixtures of Matchdays 8 and 9 involving Nigeria...Read more