Rangers International FC, also known as Enugu Rangers, were founded in 1970 after the Nigeria Civil War by ex-Biafran Majors C Nwadiegwu and J Enyeazu with support of the government of the then East-Central, under the chairmanship of Jim Nwobodo. Rangers are one of the most successful clubs in Nigeria, having won the Premier League five times (1974, 1975, 1977, 1981, 1982 and 1984) and the Federations Cup five times (1974, 1975, 1976,1981 and 1983). They enjoyed success on the continent when they got the final of the African Cup of Champion Clubs in 1975, but the pinnacle of their continental success came in 1977 when they won CAF Cup Winners’ Cup. Despite a consistent performance that has seen them never suffer relegation, Rangers have not won a trophy in nearly three decades.
MAIL THIS PAGE
LMC News Update
- Created Date: 24 February 2017•Offers salary advance to players•Players apologise for breach of procedure Following reports of...Read more
- Created Date: 23 February 2017New dates have been scheduled for the postponed fixtures of Matchdays 8 and 9 involving Nigeria...Read more
- Created Date: 27 February 2017By China Acheru League leaders, Plateau United lost their second game of the season but Coach...Read more
- Created Date: 26 February 2017By Tunde Oyedele Sunshine Stars on Sunday put aside the crisis rocking their team to defeat...Read more
- Created Date: 25 February 2017By Sanipe Damiete Akwa United put up a scintillating performance, on Saturday, to see off Abia Warriors...Read more