Rangers International FC, also known as Enugu Rangers, were founded in 1970 after the Nigeria Civil War by ex-Biafran Majors C Nwadiegwu and J Enyeazu with support of the government of the then East-Central, under the chairmanship of Jim Nwobodo. Rangers are one of the most successful clubs in Nigeria, having won the Premier League five times (1974, 1975, 1977, 1981, 1982 and 1984) and the Federations Cup five times (1974, 1975, 1976,1981 and 1983). They enjoyed success on the continent when they got the final of the African Cup of Champion Clubs in 1975, but the pinnacle of their continental success came in 1977 when they won CAF Cup Winners’ Cup. Despite a consistent performance that has seen them never suffer relegation, Rangers have not won a trophy in nearly three decades.
LMC News Update
- Created Date: 23 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) has shifted focus to ensuring strict compliance with safety...Read more
- Created Date: 15 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) in partnership with over the counter securities market...Read more
- Created Date: 23 April 2017By Osondu Ngwude One of Rangers International new-signings Ifeanyi George played a central figure in...Read more
- Created Date: 19 April 2017By Francis Achi Plateau United ended the first stanza of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL)...Read more
- Created Date: 19 April 2017By Sanipe Damiete A sublime free kick in the first half by substitute Stephen Chukwude was all it...Read more